One

One year ago, this one face, made us three.

And made me a Momma.

His Momma.

It has been a bigger responsibility than I ever could have imagined, little man.

And I wouldn't change a single thing about who you are.

Happy Birthday Joel James!

*For every comment on this post I will donate $1 to Friends of Maddie up to $100 as Joel's birthday present. Please chime in, I'd love an excuse to max this donation and for the heavens to roar with birthday wishes for a baby boy so dearly loved and missed.*

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
Page: 1 of 7
  • 6/9/2010 10:12 AM Adventures In Babywearing wrote:
    Tears, and heart break, and much joy today, sweet Mama.

Love always,
    Steph
    1. 7/15/2011 5:27 AM Doctors Improving Healthcare wrote:
      That was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that… I love to explore
  • 6/9/2010 10:17 AM Beth wrote:
    Happy Birthday Joel!
    Love and prayers for you all!

Beth
    1. 7/15/2011 5:28 AM Aprilaire Humidifiers wrote:
      These are one of the few posts that I actually care to comment on. I find this blogger an inspiration and is definitely worth following. I've became a subscriber too, so please keep me updated. I would appreciate if you could suggest your readers to check out VedoMedia. We have seo experts, Internet marketing gurus, and super affiliates on our team and we know how to get your business and site some traffic.
    2. 7/15/2011 6:08 AM Apprenticeships wrote:
      Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
  • 6/9/2010 10:19 AM Bears wrote:
    Dearest Joel, happy birthday. Your Momma and Daddy and grandparents and aunts and uncles and all their friends love you more than they can even say.

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too! (ok, you smell like baby powder and beauty, but you still look like a monkey. Especially your feet.)
  • 6/9/2010 10:22 AM Sarah wrote:
    Such a handsome boy. Love the birthday present you are giving him. Proud of your heart.
  • 6/9/2010 10:23 AM Liz wrote:
    Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Joel. It is clear you are wonderful and perfect in who you are. You are loved and missed.

*Hugs my friend*
  • 6/9/2010 10:24 AM Megan wrote:
    Happy birthday Joel! Your mama loves you more than words; and through your mama, there are so many of us that love you too.

Hugs and prayers to you today, sara.
  • 6/9/2010 10:25 AM Cari wrote:
    happy birthday Joel. You have changed so many lives in your short time here on earth. You are very loved and sorely missed.
  • 6/9/2010 10:32 AM Pammer wrote:
    There is nothing more wonderful than honoring others through the memory of those we miss so much.

I cannot imagine how hard and wonderful today is for you. But as a gift, to you, your brave husband and sweet Joel, when you reach 100 comments, I will match your gift to Friends of Maddie another $50.

I hope others will join me.
  • 6/9/2010 10:35 AM Ryley wrote:
    Oh sweet Joel. Happy birthday buddy. I can only imagine the amazing day you are having. I hope you boys are living it up today and getting in all sorts of trouble. Your momma and dadda miss you terribly and we're all so happy they share you with us.
    Love you, and your family.
    ~Ryley
  • 6/9/2010 10:44 AM libby at ninesandquines wrote:
    Happy birthday dear Joel!!!! Pammer, I love a challenge - I'll give another $25 when she reaches 100 comments
    1. 6/9/2010 12:50 PM Pammer wrote:
      Awesome!
  • 6/9/2010 10:47 AM Tristina wrote:
    Happy Birthday, little man!! He is gorgeous!
  • 6/9/2010 10:48 AM Amie wrote:
    Happy Birthday, darling Joel. I know you and the Peppers are having quite the party right now. Have some cake and ice cream, and talk those youngins into turning around, will you? Promise them a ride on Tink. That'll totally convince them. And keep on hugging your Mama - she can feel it, and it makes her so happy and proud.
  • 6/9/2010 10:56 AM Kim wrote:
    As I celebrate my Rainbow Baby's 6th birthday today, my heart is remembering your Angel Baby and is breaking for you.

I love you Sara Joy. I wish you didn't know this pain, this anguish of having birthday parties without a child there to celebrate.

I am praying for peace to your heart, mind and soul this day.

Love, love, love you.
  • 6/9/2010 11:05 AM Will Blog for Shoes wrote:
    Happy Birthday Joel. You mean so much to so many people.
  • 6/9/2010 11:07 AM Jacqueline Fisher wrote:
    Happy Birthday, darling Joel! We miss you more than words can tell.
    Grandma and Grandpa Fisher
    Challenge: We will match Sara's donation, dollar for dollar.
  • 6/9/2010 11:08 AM Erin wrote:
    Most beautiful newborn ever. I love him. And you.
  • 6/9/2010 11:12 AM michelle wrote:
    happy birthday sweet boy.
  • 6/9/2010 11:20 AM gretchen from lifenut wrote:
    Happy Birthday, Joel. I am so glad I know you and I know your mama.
  • 6/9/2010 11:26 AM Amy wrote:
    Happy Birthday Joel. Hugs and love sent to the whole family <3
  • 6/9/2010 11:27 AM Esther Crawford wrote:
    A happy birthday - I'm so honored to know your story.
  • 6/9/2010 11:52 AM Stacy wrote:
    Happy birthday Joel! You're such a special angel to your mama and daddy and the peppers and lots and lots of other people...but I bet you already knew that.

Love to you all: Sara, Leo, Joel, and the Peppers (and Jax).
  • 6/9/2010 11:53 AM Beth at Folding Laundry wrote:
    I so badly want to reach in and kiss his cheeks and hug his sweet, beautiful Momma. Joel is so amazing and even though he's not here on earth, in your arms, his presence exists in so many of us EVERY SINGLE DAY.

His life, although short, is so big and beautiful and impacts the world more than you will ever know.

Joel knew nothing but love, warmth and joy and that's all thanks to you. He felt more love in his short time on earth than so many feel in a lifetime.

I'm so proud of him, I love him so much. And you...YOU are a rockstar, you are courage and inspiration and you will always be Joel's Mom. Forever and ever.

Every tear that falls from your eyes today and always, are a sign of strength and love. Never be afraid to let them fall.
  • 6/9/2010 11:53 AM Anna wrote:
    Sending kisses to heaven for you today, Joel. Happy Birthday, sweet angel boy. Thanks for sharing your wonderful mama with us all!!! xoxo
  • 6/9/2010 11:57 AM threeiii wrote:
    Happy Birthday Sweet baby Joel!
  • 6/9/2010 11:58 AM Cassie wrote:
    Celebrating Joel's life today, and the lives of all of the other babies he helped!
  • 6/9/2010 12:00 PM Jen wrote:
    Happy Birthday little man. You are loved and missed.

Aunt Jennie
  • 6/9/2010 12:10 PM Lawfrog wrote:
    Happy Birthday Joel! You brought so much love into this world with you and you left it here when you returned to the hands of God. Angels do that a lot.
  • 6/9/2010 12:12 PM Beth at Folding Laundry wrote:
    I donated to Friends of Maddie in honor of Joel.

I can't help but imagine the sweet celebration going on between our J Boys.
    1. 6/9/2010 4:08 PM robin wrote:
      Sending love to both of you.
  • 6/9/2010 12:23 PM traylove wrote:
    Kisses to heaven for an angel on his birthday!
  • 6/9/2010 12:35 PM Momma Lioness Michele wrote:
    Happy Birthday Joel! Thinking of your family today.

Page: 1 of 7